Sunday, May 06, 2007

Walking Through the Looking Glass

http://www.freecapitalist.com/columnists/koerber_archives.php?id=13
What's the difference between failure and prosperity? How can you be sure you are headed in the "right" direction? Is it even possible to chart a course to live the abundant and prosperous life? Is it just an age-old gimmick to trick the naïve and unsuspecting entrepreneur into believing that the American dream is still a possibility? Can an honest person actually make it "big" in the business world?

To anyone with any substantial ambition whatsoever, these questions-and many related to them-are very important. To me, it has been very surprising indeed how I have come to learn the answers to these questions over the last few years.

I have learned that prosperity is not about some external event or some lucky opportunity. Prosperity is about a choice and the subsequent change that starts from within. It is literally like "walking through the looking glass" and seeing a world that so many people never see because of their own fears. I add my voice to those who have gone before me and say, "I too have walked through the looking glass and see a new way of life."

So what happened that enabled me to walk through the looking glass? Did I get lucky? Was I in the right place at the right time? Did I find a partner with a lot of money? No. None of these have anything to do with my success. The fact that I used to think in a way to even conceive such possible explanations for success is almost frightening to me.

This a great essay by Rick Koerber, where he outlines the journey of his failure and success, and describes what made the difference between the two. An excellent introduction to changing you perspective from scarcity to prosperity.

No comments: